After 20 months of establishing the organization our first actual program month should go into full gear fast.
Pepsi In Parks
G&J Pepsi is providing SACCA and the USACE with assistance in providing vending and concessions in our federal parks for the first time in the dams 50 year history.
- Pepsi products will be available in vending machines where USACE has provided space – definitely at Alum Creek dam park and visitor center.
- SACCA makes 50 cents on every $2 drink sold.
- We hope to have concessions at Alum Creek Below Dam Recreation Area. G&J is working with us on providing a trailer not only for Concessions but to use as an Information/Program Booth.
- Our agreement with the USACE does not permit continuous sales so we will only open for concessions on Movies in the Park and Holiday Weekends as currently planned.
- We are more interested in providing Community Service than fundraising, but we need both.
Dr. Suess – The Lorax – June 26 (Alum Creek)
Weather permitting at 9 p.m. at Alum Creek dam we will be showing Dr. Suess – The Lorax. (Rain date for both movies is August 21). We will have concessions available for the weekend if we get volunteers for our Concessions offering.
Raya – The Last Dragon – July 24 (Alum Creek)
Weather permitting at 9 p.m. at Alum Creek dam we will be showing Raya – The Last Dragon.
$5 Charter Memberships (No real benefit, just makes you an official Corps partner.)
I have a goal of selling 2,500 $5 Charter Memberships by September 30.
$5 Dam Stickers
According to rangers and volunteers there is a demand for dam stickers so we have printed 500 of each sticker to find out. We have 3,000 dam stickers we are providing for a $5 contribution – collect all six!
Just Another Dam Race & Fun Mile
We intend to make the Just Another Dam Race our major fundraising event. We need 80 registered runners to break even so if we get good participation 100% of our sponsor funds will go to programs. The Board has set a goal of 70% funds for West Parking Lot Improvements and 30% to SACCA’s general fund for all dam parks.
REMEMBER: The Thomas R. Gross Family Foundation founded and funds our operations, therefore all contributions go directly to programming.